BURNING MAN DIVER UP BY VICTOR SPINELLI https://www.victorspinelli.com The inspiration and symbolism behind “Diver UP” refer to the Age of Aquarius, where metamorphosis and spiritual awakening lie in the air. The combination of an industrial helmet juxtaposed against the feminine form in its purest state highlight the contrast of man-made versus Mother Earth. The motif shows the Goddess freeing herself of the controlling force that has been imposed on her, a metaphor for society, history and mankind. She represents all women. The intention of “Diver UP” is to open up a conversation about a new world of equality and, within that, the divine feminine goddess celebrating womankind and mankind in unison. A beautiful new world that invites/allows/accepts/celebrates everyone for their individuality as part of the NOW. ​ I took the Original photograph of Diver UP in the magical Mediterranean, in 2005. ​ The 2019 Burning Man Diver UP was made from wood and stood at 8 feet tall. We torched her on ‘The Mans' ashes after he burned. This was a metamorphoses of sort because in 2022 I installed an 8 meter (24ft) Fiberglass and steel structure which was deeply loved by many Burners on the Playa. Thank you. ​ With love & appreciation, Victor Spinelli :) ​ Shown here is the Bronze (Edition of 33). The Bronze with 24K Gold plating (Edition of 12). A Bronze with a Pure Silver plating (Edition of 12). A bronze with a Chrome plating. (Edition of 33). The Burning Man Diver UP on fire. Following are some resin pieces plus a few of my painted commissions with different backgrounds and flags. I have been commissioned to paint about 30 different national flags with Diver UP. They’re hanging all across the planet.. :) @SPiN5

Posted by SPiN5 at 2023-04-20 22:59:25 UTC